Creating a section
When you start using Teamline, every Slack channel is automatically set up with its own list of tasks called a "project". Over time, you might choose to organize each project into multiple task lists called "sections". Teamline uses symbols to help you know how each task list is set up:
- Projects linked to a Slack Channel have a hash (#) icon
- Projects only in Teamline have a folder (📁) icon
- Sections of a project have a tilde (~) icon.
Creating a Section
Sections are task lists which sit within a Project, and help to organize the tasks. To create a section try one of the following actions:
In a Slack channel:
- Type a message with:
- /teamline or @Teamline
- task name
- the tilde (~) icon followed by the section name you'd like to create (~events or ~ideas)
- Teamline will then ask you if you'd like to create a section in the project
- Click "Yes, create section"
- Teamline will create the new section within the linked project to that Slack channel
- Select the plus (+) icon next to "Add a task..." on the project page, then select "Create section in this channel"
- Select the settings cog (⚙️) at the top of the project page, then select "Add section..."
Only projects linked to a Slack channel can create sections
Our customers use sections in a wide variety of ways! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- A section for each customer within your #customer-success Slack channel
- A section for each OKR or team goal in your #metrics channel
- Keep a separate list of ideas for the future, with a section called ~ideas
- Move tasks into a ~backlog section to declutter your project tasks
- Organize tasks into different stages, create ~stage-1 ~stage-2 etc.
Adding a Task to a Section
- Begin a message to the Slack channel your section is in
- Write @Teamline
- Write the task name
- Write the tilde (~) symbol, with the name of the section
For example, type "@teamline T-shirt giveaway ~ideas" will add the task "T-shirt giveaway" to the section ~ideas.
- Add a task to a channel
- Go to Task Details
- Click the down-arrow next to the channel name at the very top of the task details section
- Select which section you'd like to add the task to
You can group your tasks by sections using the sort feature in the top-right of your project task list.