Creating tasks with a reaction emoji
With just two clicks, you can create a task from any message in any Slack channel! All you need to do is react with the :zap: ⚡️ emoji (it looks like a lightning bolt).
- Hover over the message until the menu shows up on the right. Click the smiley to add an emoji.
- Search for :zap: or click the ⚡️ emoji
- That's it! Teamline will create a task with the message as the task name and assign it to that channel project
If Teamline is NOT a member of the channel, the task will be created, but no message will be sent to the channel. Instead, Teamline will send you a direct message with the task details.
The :zap: ⚡️emoji becomes even more powerful when you use this on a file comment. Teamline will give you two options
- Create the task and automatically attach the file, or
- Attach the file to a different task
There are a lot of other ways to create tasks including:
- The web app my.teamline.app
- Typing the /teamline command in a Slack message
- Clicking the “...” action menu on a Slack message
- Mentioning @Teamline in a Slack message
- Typing a direct message to the Teamline Slackbot
- Forwarding emails to your unique task creator email address